Job Application Form
Please fill out the form below and add your CV if needed.
Job title: Paraplanner
Salary: £27,000 - £35,000
Salary: £27,000 - £35,000
My client a successful, growing and professional Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) firm in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire seeks a Paraplanner.
Leamington Spa is commutable from Warwick, Coventry and areas around Birmingham.
This is a permanent Monday to Friday full time role where you can join a friendly and experienced financial planning firm and you can add your value to the paraplanning team.
We seek a candidate who has worked in an Independent Financial Adviser firm and has experience of undertaking Paraplanner duties and/or assisted the paraplanning team. Suitable candidates will ideally possess some knowledge of financial products and/or pensions.
It would be of benefit if you have started studying for the Diploma in financial planning - DipFA (the R0 examinations via the Chartered Insurance Institute). Should you have completed the Diploma, you will also be considered for the position.
The employer will provide the necessary training and you can continue with your studies should you need to. This is an excellent company to join where promotional opportunities will exist.
As Paraplanner, you will need to establish positive working relationships with colleagues and clients and provide a quality level of service to end users:
Experience in using back office systems - experience of Defaqto, FE Analytics, Provider Platforms, Discretionary Fund Management, Microsoft Packages, Dynamic Planner and The Exchange
Understand the need to provide advice to clients in a compliant manner as detailed in the firm’s Business Manual and procedures
- A broad base of compliance knowledge
- Planning and organisation skills - able to manage multiple tasks effectively
Able to prioritise and work to deadlines
Attention to detail with record keeping and communication to clients
Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to listen and follow instructions effectively
Good team player – readily assists all members of the team to achieve team and individual objectives, particularly in busy periods
- Prepare suitability reports (Investment and Pension) and fund switch letters in line with company procedures and tasks
- Conduct research as required to support recommendations
- Liaise with technical and compliance departments
- Assist in follow up action requested in relation to a compliance file check
- Deal effectively with clients and colleagues, understanding the need to manage clients and colleagues expectations
- Understand the need for confidentiality of information and will deal with personnel issues appropriately and sensitively
The client seeks a candidate who is enthusiastic, professional, organised and articulate.
The salary is dependent upon the candidate's experience and would pay up to £35,000 plus bonus, good company benefits and holiday allowance.
Interested candidates should forward their CV to register an interest. Applicant details will be dealt with in strict confidence.